Friday, October 2, 2009

FML...once again

So BFFN again. Not surprising since I'm sick for the 2nd cycle in a row, this time with strep throat. Seriously? Seriously. I've been sick all week, running a fever of 100.3 for 2 days. I wash my hands religiously given what I do for a living; I carry hand sanitizer in my car & my pocketbook. I even got my flu shot. WTF?

So once again I will go for a CD3 ultrasound & bloodwork, take Clomid, inject myself with Ovidrel & shove Progesterone suppositories up my vajayjay. This next IUI will be a kind of "Hail Mary" cycle. If it doesn't work, we will be on a forced break of 2 cycles (until about Christmas) because of our trip to India. I really, really, REALLY hope this next cycle works because it would give my mother-in-law a huge boost mentally knowing she is about to be a grandma. If it doesn't work, I think I am going to need a break for a month or 2; IF is exhausting mentally, physically, and socially.

And because the universe doesn't think there's enough complete & utter bullshit going on in my life, my dad's dad had a stoke yesterday. His speech is very impaired as is his ability to walk & manipulate objects. We don't yet know the true extent of the damage or if it's permanent; they are running tons of tests at the moment. This is how I lost my mom's mom about a year ago so I'm really scared for him, for my grandma, for everyone.

Can't a girl catch a break?

No comments: