Sunday, December 13, 2009

We're baaaaack

And we're still not pregnant. What else is new? I've now had AF on 4 continents (North America, Europe, Asia & Africa) which I guess is pretty cool. And this may be TMI, but per tradition we had sexy time in my in-laws bed as it's supposed to help with fertility. We slept in their room & they took Vid's old room anyways since their bed is king size & the other one was maybe a double so we were able to do it without having to sneak around.

My next AF is due around Christmas Day (awesome timing) at which time we'll re-evaluate our infertility treatment. I think I am done with Clomid. After 5 cycles on it my lining suddenly went from lush to thin last cycle (from 11 to 7). I have 600 of the 900 of Follistim my RE prescribed last time sitting in my fridge in the butter drawer so I'm hoping to be able to use that next cycle given my 20% co-pay on that was over $200.

Amma (my MIL) is in pretty good spirits but she does get very tired, especially the few days after her chemo sessions. She cut her hair short but doesn't appear to be losing any, at least not yet. We are going to try & get her to the US for treatment still though because what they are paying out of pocket just isn't sustainable in the long run & she had to come back to the hospital several days in a row because they were short on one of her medications. There is NRI (non-resident Indian) insurance that either my hubby or SIL might be able to get that would cover treatment in the US.

So, that's where we stand. I'll post some pictures in the next few days from the trip. Tomorrow it's back to work (which I'm kind of looking forward to) & preparing for Christmas. I really should put up the tree but I'm just not in the mood.

No comments: