Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Where do bad infertiles go when they die?

Disney World!

So if you're wondering why I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging these past few weeks, the answer is two-fold: I was away in Florida for a work/fun combo trip & then we hosted Japanese teachers who were here as part of an exchange program.

My work trip was to Orlando & actually @ one of the Disney resorts.  We got a discount @ the hotel for a few nights the weekend prior to the conference.  Neither Vid or I have ever been to Disney & honestly I was kind of "meh" about going to any of the parks but my husband is really a 5 year old child @ heart so we went. 

1st observation: man is Disney World expensive!  People must take out a second mortgage to afford it.  And if you know me, I'm pretty well traveled but even with my looking for coupons before we left it was still by far the most over priced place I've ever been to...& I've been on 4 continents.

2nd observation: it really is true; everyone but us has children.  Well, that may be a bit of an overstatement.  But as an infertile of almost 4 years with a recently failed IVF, if you wanted me to confess to a crime, telling me I would have to spend another weekend @ Disney would do it.  

And stupid me looking for an ornament (I collect one from everywhere we travel) @ the Christmas store in Downtown Disney!  "Baby's 1st trip to Disney" ornament = husband having to buy me a drink @ House of Blues when a woman with a newborn basically mowed me down to get one.

Infertiles: STEP AWAY FROM THE MOUSE!


3 comments:

ADSchill said...

Haha, this is why I haven't been in 3 years. I went to universal, but avoided Disney. I am glad you took some time away however.

Rebecca said...

I've always wanted to go there but I think I'll pass now. Thanks for telling me how bad it really is.

Crystal said...

I've been to Disney a few times and would love to go back but refuse to until we have a child.