Saturday, August 23, 2008

Movin' on up

Houston we have an apartment! One of my parents' friends owns several triple & double-deckers so we went apartment shopping with him yesterday & are set to move starting next weekend. Our place is the first floor of a double decker: 2 beds, 1 bath, kitchen, dining room & living room, plus a screened-in front porch. It's on a side street but maybe 50 yards from the corner of a main street with a bus stop which is perfect for Vid being able to get to work. It's also extremely Portuguese, which I love for the kitsch factor. We've got a Mary-on-the-half shell in the front garden & a grape arbor in the back. I'll post pics when we're all settled. Here's an example for those who have no idea what I'm referring to:



Vid is excited/nervous about starting his new job. He's actually doing some syllabus planning as I speak. I'm still waiting to hear back from my interview of almost 3 weeks ago. My boss will be on vacation next week & I'm hoping to have some bad news for him when he returns. I'm still looking just in case though.

I lost 2 more pounds this week. And that was with some serious cheating (having 2 regular Dr. Peppers on Monday & 2 cupcakes yesterday). I still need to get my ass moving though. The weather has been perfect so I have no real excuse.

Off to IKEA to go bedroom set shopping!

1 comment: