Friday, August 15, 2008

Some good news finally

I lost 4 lbs this week. Yay! Well, it's a start & I haven't wanted to shove massive amounts of chocolate in my face or anything. I need to get my butt in gear with the exercise still; most days I come home from work & just pass out. God I need a new job. Hopefully I hear something positive back from last week's interview soon.

In other news, VID FINALLY HAS A JOB! And by job I mean full time, well above minimum wage, with medical & dental insurance. It's been a long 8 months I don't mind saying. He's now a full time faculty member at a local university; he's always wanted to be a prof & one of the perks about this job is he can take courses towards a Ph.D. in the future. He starts the position when the new trimester begins in mid-September.

If I get the job I interviewed for last week we'll be working literally blocks away from each other so we can be a 1-car family which will be great for the finances. Our next step will be looking at apartments. One of my mom's friends is a landlord who is pet friendly so I think I'll give him a call next week. Things may finally be moving in a forward direction!

1 comment:

Tink1272 said...

I am so happy for you guys! Sounds like things are looking up! Congrats on the weight loss, what a great way to start... Be proud!