Sunday, May 3, 2009

Swine flu

It's May?!?!? Wow; time flies!

So this swine flu thing...

I am constantly amazed @ how people get themselves all in a dither about whatever the latest disease craze the media decides we need to panic over. Seriously, I saw people buying masks (the ones you wear when painting, etc.) @ Home Depot like they were Cabbage Patch Dolls & it was Christmas Eve 1982. Apparently they hadn't heard of this marvelous little thing called washing your freaking hands. I find it ironic we send people to the farthest points on the earth to teach folks basic hygiene in the Peace Corps, etc. yet most Americans have no grasp of Epidemiology 101. But I digress.

There are 3 probable (not confirmed) cases @ the university where Vid teaches & I take 2 classes. So school is closed indefinitely. And my husband is absolutely convinced that my seasonal allergies are really swine flu. Granted I did have the worst.sinus.infection.EVAR about 2 weeks ago but a little Cipro goes a long way (as I am allergic to Penicillin & its derivatives) & all is well now.


1 comment:

looking4#3 said...

Found your blog on the TTC 12mths+ board. Just thought I'd say Hi and let you know we are dealing with similar MFI issues. Best of Luck to you. Hope you get your BFP soon!!!!