Sunday, May 31, 2009

Houston, we have an appointment.

We see the RE/OB/GYN on June 11 @ 3 pm. Aunt Flo is due a few days before then so there's still time for a miracle; I'd gladly cancel if that were to happen. But, I am also a realist. Let the poking, prodding & violating of genitalia begin!

So, an RE/OB/GYN; you're probably thinking that's too many letters for just1 doctor. Well, that's an OB/GYN who is also an RE. 2 doctors in 1; very cool. And he's from Vid' hometown (well, city) in India originally; also the same ethnic group. It's a small world after all.

We're both excited & scared about all of this. Excited that we may finally be pregnant in mere months, scared that we may still end up without a baby that is a genetic product of Vid & I after all is said & done. IUI or IVF are not a guarantee; I have to keep reminding myself of that. There's a fine line between becoming a "Negative Nelly" & remaining realisitic in this whole process.

Please, God, let this be it.

2 comments:

satto said...

I hope this is it for you. Good luck. I hope you found an RE you really like. (or that you don't have to go to one at all of course...)

The Quarke Family said...

Best of luck to you both, fingers crossed.
xxx