Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More peeps all up in my junk

So, I've been seeing a Fertility Care practitioner for the past month or so & using the Creighton model. And yet again it's a small world: the person I've been meeting with is the wife of a kid (now in his mid 30s) I sang in choir with back in the day. She's currently pregnant with #3 & also has PCOS so it gives me some hope. It's also nice to have a "girlfriend" to chat about the wonders of infertility: Metformin ass, dildo cams, cervical mucus, etc.

You're probably saying "Creighton model? WTF does that mean? Well, it's best described as the Catholic church's answer to seeing an RE. For more info, see http://www.creightonmodel.com/. Don't worry, I'm still a bad Catholic in many ways (ha!) but I'm also open minded about alternatives to doing more IUIs or having to go down the IVF road. Maybe I'm just delaying the inevitable, but considering it's been 2 years of nada, what's another few months of this?

In addition to seeing Monica I'm also being refered to a gyno who specializes in endometriosis. I've had a thought in the back of my mind for quite a while as to if I have that given my mother's recurrent issues with fibroids & the fact (TMI ALERT!) that when I have my period I often pass what can be described as grape jelly: dark purple/black clots. However, my periods aren't painful like most women with endo. Then again, I'm also the weirdo with super regular cycles who has PCOS.

My appt to see Dr. Endo (not his real name) is on July 16. I'm hoping we'll be able to schedule a lap to be done by the end of summer because when classes start up again in the fall, fuggeddaboudit. Also, Vid is off for the summer (lucky college profs & their schedules!) so he can be my nursemaid while I recover. Ha! Not that I'm looking forward to surgery, but it'll be nice to know if there's endo or not for certain.

Add another person to the list of people all up in my junk

No comments: