Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Lap update

I had my lap yesterday. The prep Sunday was the worst part of it all. Magnesium citrate sucks; it's very reminiscent of the crap they make you drink for a glucose tolerance test. Very sticky sweet. I tried to counter it with drinking vegetarian vegetable boullion but all that did was make me hungry. And of course, Vid decided to cook very yummy Indian food while I was going through all of this. Bastard. But I do need to give credit where credit is due. He was a trooper & gave me my enema without hurling. Now that's true love!

The good news is my tubes are clear & my ovaries have been drilled. The doctor removed a big, honkin' cyst from my right ovary I didn't even know was there. He found some endo, but I'm fuzzy on the details since I was still kind of in lala land when we talked & Vid was (per usual) not paying attention. I'm tender but not in horrible pain; they gave me a script for pain meds I've been using sparingly. I'm out of medical leave from work til Labor Day anyways.

My follow up appointment to discuss things more in depth next Friday 9/3 & to make sure everything is healing up ok. Right now I'm just looking forward to being able to shower tomorrow night!

I also saved the hospital bracelets from the procedure. I plan on putting them in a future baby book as a kind of a souvenir of my infertility journey. I just hope I get to start filling out that book sooner rather than later.

No comments: