Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm not getting shot out of that thing!

I haven't seen Every Thing You Always Wanted to Know About Sex * But Were Afraid to Ask in years, although I did use parts of it in one of the behavioral endocrinology courses I took back when I was a PhD student & before I had any idea I was infertile. I found a copy of it @ the library this weekend while looking for another DVD. Fondly remembering the sperm scene, I decided to borrow it as well.

There's plenty of humor in this film but my personal favorite quote has always been "I'm not getting shot out of that thing! What if he's masturbating? I'm liable to end up on the ceiling!" Of course now masturbation usually means "doing it" (Vid's words) in a sterile specimen cup. Poor dear. Ah, how things have changed in the past 31 months of trying to conceive! But he did enjoy the movie. And we did get word that his semen analysis came back fine.

In honor of my husband's unending love, support & occassional humor on this long & difficult journey towards (hopefully) parenthood I've embedded the infamous sperm scene below. Ignore the Chinese subtitles unless you actually read Chinese & want to tell me what they really say; bad translating can be amusing. Enjoy!

No comments: