Tuesday, September 20, 2011

KILL ME NOW.



Meet one of our new referals:

SWF. Age: early 20s. On SSI. Severe substance as well as psych issues. Already has 2 kids she does not have cutstody of but has visitation rights. 6 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH TRIPLETS. Yes, I am yelling. Oh & since she was drinking heavily @ the time they conceived, she has no clue who the father is.

I know you're not supposed to question God, but seriously? DEAR GOD: WHAT THE EFF WERE YOU THINKING ON THIS ONE? The only good thing: my supervisor knows enough not to refer her to me for therapy.

I am done. So very, very done.

3 comments:

Kate said...

All I can say is WOW, I don't know how you do your job. You are stronger than I am, obviously. This is a great example of why I don't think God is involved in deciding who/when ppl have babies. Two words: free will (though w/all this one is on, I'm not sure if she actually qualifies). (((hugs)))

Twitch - Lynne said...

It's stories like this that make me want to scream. My family wonders why I'm so depressed - I can't look around without seeing pregnant women who can't take care of themselves, let alone a child. IT'S NOT FAIR TO US!

But you and I will have kids someday, and we'll be the best mothers on the planet :)

Anasara said...

Some days I do just want to walk out. Thankfully (I guess?) it would be damned near impossible for us to survive on 1 paycheck so I can't just quit. And I really love the fact I have schedule flexibility in my job; it comes in very handy with all the infertility appts! And they are paying 50% of my grad degree, which is another huge thing. Still, I do apply for positions of interest on occasion. But with the economy being so bad around here I'm not counting on getting any great new gigs in the near future.