Tuesday, September 20, 2011

KILL ME NOW.



Meet one of our new referals:

SWF. Age: early 20s. On SSI. Severe substance as well as psych issues. Already has 2 kids she does not have cutstody of but has visitation rights. 6 MONTHS PREGNANT WITH TRIPLETS. Yes, I am yelling. Oh & since she was drinking heavily @ the time they conceived, she has no clue who the father is.

I know you're not supposed to question God, but seriously? DEAR GOD: WHAT THE EFF WERE YOU THINKING ON THIS ONE? The only good thing: my supervisor knows enough not to refer her to me for therapy.

I am done. So very, very done.

3 comments:

kthappy76 said...

All I can say is WOW, I don't know how you do your job. You are stronger than I am, obviously. This is a great example of why I don't think God is involved in deciding who/when ppl have babies. Two words: free will (though w/all this one is on, I'm not sure if she actually qualifies). (((hugs)))

Twitch said...

It's stories like this that make me want to scream. My family wonders why I'm so depressed - I can't look around without seeing pregnant women who can't take care of themselves, let alone a child. IT'S NOT FAIR TO US!

But you and I will have kids someday, and we'll be the best mothers on the planet :)

Anasara said...

Some days I do just want to walk out. Thankfully (I guess?) it would be damned near impossible for us to survive on 1 paycheck so I can't just quit. And I really love the fact I have schedule flexibility in my job; it comes in very handy with all the infertility appts! And they are paying 50% of my grad degree, which is another huge thing. Still, I do apply for positions of interest on occasion. But with the economy being so bad around here I'm not counting on getting any great new gigs in the near future.