Friday, September 23, 2011

Like, way wanted.

I stumbled upon this cartoon on the internet:



It got me thinking: I wonder what would happen if babies talked about how they were conceived?

"I was the product of a one night stand; I don't know who my dad is."
"My mom & dad just went on their honeymoon & came back with me as a souvenir."
"My parents made the decision to try for a baby & a few months later, I came to be."

Or in my case (hopefully):

"My parents went through 3 (or more?) years of infertility. My mom had lots of people taking pictures of her privates & took lots of medications. Mom & dad spent lots on money on things that didn't work. Mom cried A LOT. I'm a miracle. Like, way wanted."

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh, this is soooooooooooooo cute!

Kerrik said...

Great cartoon...I tell this little girl every day how much she has been wanted, wished for, yearned for, and how much mommy and daddy went through and would go through again just for her. I just hope it all amounts to one happy, confident child and not a lifelong guilt trip :)