Monday, September 24, 2012

Sad panda :(



Apparently, over the weekend the baby panda that was born recently @ the National Zoo died.  Poor baby.  And poor mama.  It's one of my worst fears: after trying for years to get pregnant, what if something finally sticks & I lose it?  A dear friend recently went through this: she was pregnant with twins after years of infertility & inexplicably lost one of the babies @ 36 weeks.  I cannot imagine what it's like to finally be blessed with a child while having to bury another one @ the same time.  The universe is truly unfair.

I was especially struck by one of the comments from the zoo staff in this article: "This is devastating for all of us here. It's hard to describe how much passion and energy and thought and care has gone into this".  I wonder, do REs feel this way about us as their patients?  I believe mine does, but maybe she feels it more than most because she went through 6 years of TTC before her son was born thanks to IVF.  Or are we seen merely as stats, as I believe I was @ the practice where I did IVF#1?  What's your experience been?

 

2 comments:

Just T said...

I have such mixed reactions about my RE and practice. We ultimately had two failed ivf's and the last one was ectopic. This makes me obviously wonder if there was bad placement of embryos. I know my doctor cares about his patients, but I don't think unless they have been through it, they can really care.

Rebecca said...

I often wonder about the RE office I go to. Some of the staff are so nice and others are so cold.