Monday, December 29, 2008

I've been a very bad blogger

Bless me, interwebs, for I have sinned. It has been almost 2 weeks since my last entry. I've meant to post a couple of times ( no, really) but have lacked motivation among other things. So let's have a recap of what's been going on:

My sister-in-law got laid off. Not good. Since she is on an H1B visa she needs to find something soon or she's forced to go back to India. Going from being a fun-loving, educated, single 27 year-old woman thousands of miles away from home to moving back to an ultra-conservative community she hasn't lived in in over 5 years would not be fun to say the least. I really hope she gets something so she doesn't have to go back; I know she feels the same. We don't see each other very often but I genuinely like her. Plus, she is my hubby's only relative in the US; he would be so lost without her.

We had our first sizable snow storm the weekend before Christmas; about a foot in total. And although we live in New England & should be used to & well prepared for such weather, the local & state plows did a super shitty job clearing the roads. It's gone now thanks to a couple of very strange 60 degree days but I'm sure there will be more to come.

Christmas was good; everyone was well behaved & Santa gave a lot of nice presents. It was the first Christmas since my mom's mom died & her absence was noticeable. Also odd was that we did not go over my dad's friend Rick's house for dessert on Christmas night; I can't believe he's been gone 4 months now.

My cousin who is a year younger than me & also got married earlier this year announced she is expecting her first child @ the end of July bringing the total to 2 cousins pregnant without even trying. Also, one of my mom's oldest friend's daughter announced she is expecting baby #4 even though she is unmarried & not stably employed. Meanwhile we're still trying without success. As we come to the 6 month point I am beginning to freak out; I literally bawled when I got my period last week. But on a happy note my best friend asked me to be the Godmother of his son that is due to be born in about 5 weeks. What an honor!

So that's that. This will probably be my last post of 2008; time sure does fly. As far as what's on tap for 2009, well, we're still working on the whole getting pregnant thing. And we'll start looking to buy a house soon too. Will achieving both of these finally make me feel like an adult? I somehow doubt it; that's so not me!

No comments: