Saturday, January 3, 2009

I don't do resolutions

I should be @ work but I'm not. Because I blew a tire & bent an axle on my way to work this morning. Effing pot holes! I shudder to think what this will cost me. And I know it happened because I deposited the money I got for Christmas yesterday that I planned on paying off a credit card with. I just can't win.

Anyways...

Happy 2009! And holy shit, I can't believe it's 2009! We went to the movies & grabbed a pizza on the way home New Year's Eve. The hubby & I were in bed watching the ball drop on TV & went to sleep soon after. It was way too cold to be anywhere else.

I know you're supposed to make resolutions this time of year but I won't; instead, I hope. In broad terms, I hope 2009 is better than 2008. Besides getting married, there wasn't much positive that happened last year. A lot of deaths, a few layoffs, medical issues. Specifically, I hope we both remain employed (yes, I'm still looking for something better). Also, I hope we can pay off enough debt & sock away enough money to buy a starter house. I hope there are no more surprise deaths or medical issues among family & friends. And finally, I hope we finally get pregnant & have a healthy baby.

2009. Where did the time go? We'll be married a year next month & I'll be turning the big three-oh in April. It doesn't seem that long ago I was having Big Bird @ my 3rd birthday party & I had met this weird Indian guy that was also very cute. ;)









No comments: