Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A change in plans

I had my RE appt on Monday & to make a long story short, we are holding off on further IF tx until next year. I am doing a medically supervised weight loss program per my RE's orders.

As many of you know, I am what is considered obese; I'm about 100 lbs overweight. Even though all of my bloodwork has come back normal, I passed my glucose test with flying colors, & have very regular, apparently ovulatory cycles, he is convinced the reason I am not pregnant yet is because of the weight even though my mother was also what is considered obese when she got accidentally pregnant with me & had my sister (planned) after only 3 months of trying.

Of course, my medical insurance is refusing to pay for this so my RE is going to bat for me & being a PITA to them until they cover it, thank God. He's not ordering me to avoid getting pregnant while doing this so I'll still continue to temp & use OPKs but after 13 cycles of doing that already I'm not holding my breath for a BFP. If no BFP by the end of this year, we go back in January to explore other options.

Needless to say I am incredibly upset. While I obviously see my weight is not in the normal range, I feel like I'm being punished for not being a size 10. I'm calling my doc to get my Zoloft upped today.

2 comments:

The Quarke Family said...

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with this. Given that they don't see a link between your weight and your TTC issues, I don't understand why you have to do the weight loss thing ...

Don't lose heart. I'm sending you good vibes as usual. Take care.

Justine said...

I just found your blog and I just wanted to say I was in the same positiion as you.
My OB dismissed me for being overweight and I was super depressed. I finally just got angry about it and found an RE. When I called to make the first appoitnment I told them what happened with my OB and if they were going to tell me the same thing to please let me know so I didn't waste my time.

Thankfully, the RE is wonderful. totally supportive even though I weigh 260.

I wish you the best of luck!

Also, visit this board....

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-psttcaow

It's wonderful.