Friday, January 1, 2010

A new year, but with continued suckage

So AF came 2 days after Christmas as expected; no break cycle miracle here. I went in for my monitoring ultrasound & was told I have a "happy" uterus. Seriously, I love the u/s tech; she is too funny. Anways, I now shoot up (allbeit with Follistim) nightly & go back in a few days for yet another monitoring appointment. I'm beginning to think my husband is jealous of the transvaginal ultrasound machine; it's been getting more action that he has as of late.

Christmas was pretty low key; we got a shit ton of snow a few days before the holiday & another dusting yesterday. My grandpa is still @ the nursing home & we visited him Christmas night. He has his good days & bad days. It's interesting in a way that sometimes when the tumor is pressing on a certain area of his brain he cannot speak English, only Portuguese. But it's so sad to know this was almost certainly his last Christmas & he couldn't even enjoy it @ home. We now know for certain he has the same type of brain cancer that killed Ted Kennedy.

Apparently we're going for the 2-for-1 special because my grandmother fell & broke her wrist yesterday. They gave her morphine @ the hospital & she had a really bad reaction; she's currently intubated in the ICU. Apparently she's also in congestive heart failure. Reall?!?!?! I mean, REALLY?!?!?!

With all of this, I totally planned on drinking heavily to welcome 2010 last night; I even bought a Kahlua Mudslides 4 pack. I didn't. I don't know why. Maybe I'll have one tonight. Maybe I'll have all four.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

bethpaints said...

sorry about Gran hope she feels better soon! I just saw a post of yours on nest and wanted to say Hi ...Im in RI as well wondered if you are going to same group as me at W&I....Anyhooooo best of luck this cycLe!!!!!!