Friday, September 3, 2010

Surgical follow up

I went for my lap f/u today & my gyn asked me if I had ever been tested for beta thalassemia; I have not. He thinks I may have it give the results of my pre-surgery b/w. My hemoglobin is 9.6; it should be 12-15. I asked if it could be because I'm vegetarian but he said no since my actual iron level was fine. Apparently it's common among people in the Mediterranean region & may protect against malaria like sickle cell anemia, which my great grandmother (father's father's mother) had.

Since today is CD3 he also set me for b/w to check my LH & FSH since he did not see anything wrong with my ovaries outside of the 1 cyst; they both actually had corpus luteum on surgery day. He also showed me pictures of the endo they removed which was hiding behind my left ovary & fallopian tube. Sneaky!

And with that, I'm back to work on Tuesday since Monday is Labor Day. School also starts on Tuesday. Busy busy!

No comments: