Sunday, April 17, 2011

I *heart* mimosas



I am proud to say I survived my sister's wedding shower yesterday. I think the fact I was so busy setting things up, writing down who gave what for her thank you cards & then cleaning helped immensely. I did have a small yet cathartic cry after everyone left, but it wasn't anything Oscar worthy.

My 2 cousins who had babies in February were both there with the newborns but were well behaved with no stupid comments or complaining to be had. Also, my cousin who is due in May was not there because she was sick; even though it stinks she has the flu (I had it 2 weeks ago) I must admit it was nice not to have to stare down a 35 week pregnant belly.

Oh, & the mimosas certainly helped too. :)

3 comments:

cjdubs13 said...

Mimosas are what saved me a many of showers, especially baby showers. I hope the next shower in your family is yours.

ADSchill said...

Mimosas are SO good!

And girl, I am proud of you. I know how hard those showers can be and you handled yourself so well.

Hugs to you for doing that for someone you love.

MissC

Kerrik said...

What a champ to actually help host the party while dealing with all this. I don't know what I would have done in your shoes.