Sunday, April 24, 2011

Infertility A-Z

Stolen from the lovely kthappy76:

Infertility A-Z

A - Age at Which you Started TTC: 29; not long after we got married

B - Baby Dancing or Sex: Sex

C - Children Wanted: 4 before this whole infertility thing; right now I'd be thrilled with just 1. I really don't want to deny my child a sibling so @ this point we're shooting for 2.

D - Dogs/Cats/Fill In Babies: 1 Pekingese dog (rescue) & 1 gray tiger cat (stray kitten we took in). If I had more room I'd have more!

E - Essential Oils/Vitamins: Pre-natal, Vitamin D (those of us living in New England are usually deficient) & B-complex since I'm vegetarian.

F - Fertility Meds I've Taken: Clomid, Follistim, Ovidrel, Progesterone, Metformin (for PCOS) & Zoloft (since my depression is very much related to my infertility).

G - Gain, What I have Gained from Infertility: I've gained perspective on what's really important to me: being a mother. I always wanted kids, but it wasn't until I had to go through hell to try & get pregnant that I actually appreciated how deep my maternal instinct runs & how I'll do almost anything to get there.

H - HSG: 2; both all clear.

I - Infertile Pet Peeve: That infertility is so freakin' expensive & many infertile folks can't afford treatment since insurance doesn't cover it for most, yet crack whores who are unemployed & homeless pop out kids like they're Pez dispensers.

J - Job Title: Research Assistant & Case Manager. I work in psych research @ a community mental health center.

K - Kids Names you are Afraid will be Taken: None.

L - Length of Time TTC - 2 years, 10 months.

M - Miscarriages: 1 chemical pregnancy in 6/09 just before we saw an RE for the 1st time. It's weird to think if that had stuck we'd have a 1 year old now. I still have "what if?" thoughts about this. He/she was only with me for 2 days but he/she will be in my thoughts for the rest of my life.

N - Number of Times you have Swiched REs: Switched REs once. 1st RE turned out to be a total douche. My 2nd/current RE left her original practice & I followed her to the new one.

O - Ovarian Quality: My RE is unconcerned but I kind of wonder given my FSH has been slowly creeping up.

P - POAS or Wait for AF: I haven't POAS in over a year. When we do IVF I don't think I'll POAS then either because, quite frankly, I have a hard time believing it will be positive.

Q - Quote from an Obnoxious Fertile: "Why don't you just adopt?" (Note: I'd love to but Vid isn't completely on board yet so it's a moot point right now). 1. Adoption isn't easy; you have to be studied (literally) to see if you're "worthy". 2. It isn't cheap. 3. It isn't guaranteed; birth parents can change their mind. 4. Why don't fertiles "just adopt"? I mean just because you can crap out a kid without medical intervention does that mean you should? After all, there are millions of kids in need of homes out there, right? I could go on & on...

S - Sperm: OK.

T - Time you Tried Naturally: the recommended 1 year.

U - Uterus Quality: OK; just a touch of endo hiding behind my left ovary which was removed.

V - Vagina: yes ;)

W - What Baby Stuff do you Already Have: Nothing except for a single onesie that I just loved. We've already spent so much money trying to create a baby there's not a lot of extra cash lying around.

X - Xtra, Xtra, Hear all about it! How many people know about your TTC Journey: Everyone. Infertility is so taboo, but given how stupid fertile friends & family can be about it I don't blame those still "in the closet". I have made it my mission to be open on behalf of those who cannot be.

Y - Yearly Exam: I'm due for my PAP, actually; I need to call my doc.

Z - Zits: Some cycles yes, others no.

How about you? What's your Infertility A to Z?

No comments: