Sunday, June 19, 2011

On Father's Day...

This is my first post on my wife's blog. She asked me to write about my thoughts & feelings on Father's Day as we have been trying to have a child for 3 years now. I am not the best writer as English is my 3rd language so hopefully you can understand this.

When I first got married I was unemployed so my priorities & thinking were not really oriented towards procreation. Obviously, one needs a job to survive so that you take care of your loved ones. Once I got a job, still my thinking was more oriented towards stability of my job. But, my wife was already planning for a great future & a big family. So, we started trying to have a baby.

As time progressed, I saw & endured all the pain she took trying to become a mother.
Trust me; it is a heavy feeling. I already suffer from depression & sleepless nights because I think about my terminally ill mom every night. I also think a lot about my wife & how much she wants to be a mom; it makes me sad. My wife & I have gone through a lot for a newborn baby of our own; it will be unfair if we don't get it. I still do not understand why we have to go through all of this; we have done nothing wrong.

Today is Fathers Day: a great day for every father, a day for them to be proud of their offspring. Father's Day makes every dad feel that there is somebody to love
apart from the woman to whom he is married. His worries & pain fades away when he sees the face of the kid he created; he sees hope for the future. It makes him want to be a good man. It reorients him & renews his faith in him and his family. I really pray by next Fathers Day I will be father with my wife becoming a mother. We will be the happiest parents on earth.

1 comment:

~M~ said...

Thank you for sharing your insights and feelings! Your wife is very lucky to have someone who obviously cares so deeply for her.

We moved past the IF treatments and are focusing on adoption, but it's still a nice reminder to the wives out there that when were hurting, so are our husbands.