Monday, June 2, 2008

I sound like a 3 year old


This post can be filed under "w" for "whiney".

So I found out today that I didn't get the job. Not that I wasn't qualified, but because I (heaven forbid) wanted to have a paycheck attached to it. I'd love to know how they found someone to do it for free; there aren't too many independently wealthy people running around here that I've seen. Actually, the current director told me I was her top choice but given the current budget woes a decision had to be made. I cried when I read the e-mail letting me know their decision this afternoon & have been bitchy since.

But I should've known it was going to be "one of those days" when at about 11am my supervisor tells me he is taking a couple of mental health days & "should be back Wednesday". Not good when you're a psychiatric social worker. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he took an extra few days; many people at my place of employment seem to be at their breaking point, myself included.

I am seriously thinking about going back on an anti-depressant. I'm burnt out emotionally as well as financially & motivationally. I hate my job. I've lost all patience with my husband who has been unemployed for over 6 months now (not completely his fault). Everyone around me seems to be moving forward with life, except me.

I hate how whiney I sound as I type this; I sound like a 3 year old. Somebody smack me!

1 comment:

*Angela* said...

Oh I am so sorry. Something wonderful will come your way though. You sure deserve it!