Monday, October 6, 2008

A recipe to share




Here's the recipe for the cookies mentioned in the previous post:

Raisin Drop Cookies
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cloves
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 cups raisins
Mix wet ingredients first, adding dry ingredients next followed by the raisins last. The cookies seem more fluffy if you leave the milk & eggs @ room temp for an hour or 2 before mixing. Drop mixture from spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 325 degrees until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on cookie rack.

3 comments:

The Quarke Family said...

Hi! I want to try your recipe and was wondering if I could substitute butter for the vegetable oil? What do you think? I'm so incredibly hungry now!

Anasara said...

I've never tried it with butter so I honestly don't know. If you do try it let me know how it turns out.

The Quarke Family said...

Will do. Will probably make them at the weekend!