Sunday, June 10, 2012

Prometheus (*spoilers*)

Yum:


For those of you living under a rock, the above photo is of Michael Fassbender.  I love me some Michael Fassbender.  Not only is he beautiful (as well as naked in many films, but not in this one; sorry) he's also an amazing actor.

I also love me some sci-fi. horror too  So, knowing Michael Fassbender was in Prometheus, Vid & I decided to take in a matinee today.  Sci-fi horror seems like a pretty safe genre for an infertile to watch, right? 

Ha!

Here's where infertility comes in: David (Michael Fassbender) goes off on his own when they land on the alien planet and learns that the Engineers were killed by these aliens and that the Engineers wanted to kill their other invention (humans). David is not interested in their motives as he is a robot but archaeologist Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace) must know why they want to kill what they created.

Why?

Shaw is romantically involved with fellow archaeologist & shipmate Charlie Holloway (Logan Marshall-Green) who subscribes to the theory of Darwinism while Shaw wears a necklace with a cross on it.  A conversation about why human kind was purposefully created (if we were) ensues.  Although I cannot remember the exact diaolgue (I tried finding it online to no avail), it ends with Shaw asking the following:

"I can't create life.  What does that say about me?"

Apparently we as a species can fly to distant planets in this movie but we still haven't find a cure for infertility. 

Let the tears begin (both for Shaw & myself). Thank God Vid was next to me.  He put his arm around me & whispered in my ear, "Are you ok?".  I was able to avoid a full-on sob fest.  I don't think anyone around us even noticed.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

No comments: