Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just got back from the interview

I don't know what to think. The current director seems to really want me (it pays to know people I guess) but she kind of warned me about the founder of the organization being a difficult person to work with. I must say she was right; I was talked over several times in the interview. Why ask a question when you have no intention of listening to the answer? Anyways, I still think it'd be an interesting job & a great resume builder; getting your foot in the proverbial door is such a tough thing with NGOs. And apparently finding a French speaker has been a problem; this obscure skill may play into my favor. They said they hope to have a decision by the end of the month & the start date would be sometime in July. Hopefully the hubby gets something with health insurance soon so if I do get an offer I can accept as the health insurance is very minimal. I'm hopeful but trying not to be overly hopeful. I'm really looking forward to the day when I get to post something happy on here!

No comments: