Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby rabies

I had today off & am working on getting the apartment back into shape; it looks like a bomb went off in here! I ran a ton of errands this afternoon & generally got stuff done. I'm sad to say the one thing I've yet to do is hang stuff on the walls; we've been here for almost 6 months & it's pretty ridiculous actually.

Vid's birthday is on Pongal which happens next week; we're going up to temple this weekend for it. He'll be 29 & is slightly disturbed that he is entering the last year of his 20s. He's installed a program on his computer so he can voice chat with his parents back in India. They let us know they will be praying for a grandchild when they go to temple on Pongal; Vid will be praying for the same thing.

Speaking of babies, in a few weeks I have to go to a baby shower for an unwed, unstable relative. It also happens to be the day before our 1st wedding anniversary. I've thought about if I get a BFP or not by then & how I will handle the "So when are you having kids?" questions from all of my relatives. Our parents, sisters & a few very close friends know we are trying but not the extended family, none of whom read this blog that I am aware of. If I am pregnant, I won't be far enough along that I would be comfortable telling them anyways. If I'm not, well, I'm going to be honest: I will probably be bitter & perhaps a bit snarky since the mother-to-be in this particular case really doesn't have any business being pregnant. I hate this about myself, but I think of all the women I know who are stable financially, emotionally & relationship-wise who are having trouble having kids & yet she gets pregnant without even wanting to.

I didn't intend for this blog to become all about babies, but it seems to be heading down that road. You have been warned!

No comments: