Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm bored

But lack motivation. So I stole this from a friend's blog:

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
Went to Vegas. It was a blast!

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do resolutions; it's like being set up to fail.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Many.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Several.

5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the US.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A baby (or at least, a baby bump!)

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
My weddings (both: 2/1 & 6/21).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Nothing. That's kind of sad, huh?

9. What was your biggest failure?
Still not finishing my thesis. I just don't care anymore.

10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Nothing serious.

11. What was the best thing someone bought you?
New living room & bed room furniture; DH & I got it for ourselves.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My maternal grandpa wasn't drunk @ our weddings thank the Lord!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
Too many to list.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Paying off debts.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Trying to conceive.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
No idea.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? happier

b) fatter or skinnier? same

c) richer or poorer? Well we're both employed now but it doesn't seem like there's more money around!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Travel.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Yell @ my hubby when I had a bad day.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
We spent it @ my parents' house with relatives.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I fall in love with my husband all the time :)

22. How many one night stands?
I'm married, so none!

23. What was your favourite TV program?
Ghost Hunters

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No.

25. What was the best book you read?
Nothing really noteworthy.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery of the year?
Nada.

27. What did you want and get?
A honeymoon.

28. What did you want and not get?
Pregnant :(

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
Slumdog Millionaire.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 29. We buried my grandmother. It was not fun.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a job I actually enjoyed & that also paid decent.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Machine washable.

33. What kept you sane?
My husband & my pets.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No idea.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Illegal immigration. If you aren't here legally you shouldn't be here at all!

36. Who do you miss?
Lost of people.

37. What was the best thing you ate?
Dosa.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008?
Getting pregnant is generally only easy for those who have no business having children.

2 comments:

Daphne said...

I'm glad I could help fill your boredom :)

And so sad to hear how you spent your birthday. That's terribly sad.

Here's to 2009 - may it be filled with love, laughter, and morning sickness ;)

The Quarke Family said...

That made for interesting reading, might have to steal it too, down the line.

I have to disagree with your last one though - all of the women I know (myself included) who have gotten pregnant in the last year 'deserved' to as much as the next woman. There's no relation (inverse or otherwise) between how 'deserving' you are and how likely you are to get pregnant.

I hope things work out for you in 2009 the way you hope they will.